Air Warrior (AW) is a modular, integrated, rapidly reconfigurable combat Aircrew ensemble. It saves lives and maximizes Aircrew mission performance. Previous aviation life support equipment consisted of a non-integrated assemblage of protective and survival gear. AW uses a systems approach to equipping the Aircrew and closes the capability gap between human and machine. Fielded incrementally to provide rapidly enhanced capabilities to the Soldier, AW leverages and integrates clothing and equipment. They include the Army Aircrew Combat Uniform and ballistic protection from other product managers.
• Microclimate Cooling System, Increases effective mission duration in heat-stress environments by more than 350 percent
• Aircrew Integrated Helmet System, a lighter helmet with increased head and hearing protection
• Electronic Data Manager (EDM), a portable digital-mission planning device for over-the-horizon messaging and enhanced situational awareness capabilities through connectivity to Blue Force Tracking, Aviation
• Encrypted Aircraft Wireless Intercom System (EAWIS) for secure cordless, hands-free aircrew communications
• Survival Kit, Ready Access, Modular (SKRAM) Go-Bag with integrated hydration
• Portable Helicopter Oxygen Delivery System, a Soldier-worn supplemental breathing oxygen system for high-altitude operations
• Communication Enhancement and Protection System (CEPS) provides helmet hear-through capability