Join us at this year’s annual meeting of the Association of the United States Army (AUSA) on October 25-27 in Washington, DC, where the latest improvements and innovations in Soldier weapons and equipment will be on display. The event will be held at the Walter E. Washington Convention Center. Our exhibit will be part of the Office of the Assistant Secretary of the Army for Acquisition, Logistics and Technology (ASA(ALT)) display in Booth #1703, located in Hall B.
Top officials from PEO Soldier will be present to explain the latest advancements in Soldier equipment and answer meeting attendees’ questions about the gear on display. Among the items on view include:
- The Operation Enduring Freedom Fire Resistant Army Combat Uniform, which provides concealment for Soldiers operating in Afghanistan’s multiple-terrain environment, as well as fire-resistant protection and built-in protection against bothersome or disease carrying insects.
- The Mounted Soldier System (MSS), a combat vehicle crewman ensemble that consists of a heads-up display, cordless communications, micro-climatic cooling, and force protection items. Mounted Soldier System delivers increased combat effectiveness by integrating Soldiers into their combat platform.
- The AN/PPS-26 Sense Through The Wall (STTW) system, a device that allows the Soldier to detect, locate, and “sense” personnel behind walls, doors, and other visible obstructions from a standoff distance. It will enable Soldiers and small units to dominate conventional and asymmetrical threats in close combat and close, complex terrain through improved situational awareness and command and control.
- The XM2010 Enhanced Sniper Rifle, the latest improvement in 7.62 sniper rifles, will be chambered for .300 Winchester Magnum cartridges, significantly extending the weapon’s maximum effective range.
- Cutting-edge individual and crew served weapon systems, and related target acquisition and fire control products that allow Soldiers to maintain their battlefield superiority.
- State-of-the-art protective equipment; everything from clothing to superior body armor and helmets, designed to save Soldiers’ lives and provide greater comfort and maneuverability.
PEO Soldier is responsible for developing and fielding equipment that improves Soldiers’ mobility, reduces the load they carry, and increases their lethality and survivability across all operational environments.
For more information about PEO Soldier, visit https://peosoldier.army.mil/.